Sunday, August 22, 2010

How do I add a feed from flickr to my 360 page?

When asked, I made the mistake of moving all my yahoo pics to shutterfly, and decided Flickr would be a better place for what I use my pics for. I want people looking at my 360 page to be able to go to my albums. I thought I could do that in the RSS feeds, but can't seem to be able to do it or figure it out. What wpild be the best/easiest way to allow people who visit my 360 page to be able to click on a link to see the albums? Also, does anyone have an idea of the easiest way to move my albums from shutterfly to flickr without having to upload all the pics again?

How do I add a feed from flickr to my 360 page?
The automatic transfer service was a one time deal. So, you would have to upload all the pics to Flickr again if you start a new free account with that service. You can download the Flickr upload tool though to upload all the pics (or many...if you want to do it set by set) at the same time though. See http://www.flickr.com/tools/ - you have an account to see this page.





Once you get your Flickr account set up, you must make sure all the pictures are seen by the Public. Then, you can also set up a Flickr photostream on your "Top Page" in 360.


- Click on your 360 "My Page" link at the top


- Click on the "Share Photos" link in your Photos module on the right side


- Scroll down to the Flickr section and follow the instructions there. Make sure that you select "Public" or "Friends" in the "Can be seen by:" dropdown before saving.


NOTE: The photos may not show up immediately - it can take 3 days in many cases. Lastly, there have been problems for people who create new Flickr accounts but use the same Yahoo ID as their Flickr ID. See http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;... . So, be careful on how you set up your free Flickr account.





As for setting up an RSS feed to your Flickr pictures, the photostream in the photos module is the best way, but you can set up an RSS feed too (it will just show links to the pictures in the Feeds module):


- Open up a set of your pictures in Flickr. Simply, click on My Photos link when you first log in.


- At the bottom left is an RSS orange button for your pictures. - Click on it and copy the complete URL shown on the browser's web address field.


- See my post at http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;... for further instruction on 360 RSS feeds.
Reply:http://www.flickr.com/help/photos/#89


You can add your RSS Feeds ,but you need the URL address and copy it to your blogroll,Blog,Blast.


You can get the URL by reading this

horse teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment