Friday, July 16, 2010

How do I my photos from Yahoo!Photos to Flickr?

I heard that Yahoo!Photos is shutting down and I would like to transfer my Yahoo Photos to Flickr.





Please advise where I find the link to do that.





I could not find any links to do this either on Yahoo Photos or Flickr.





I understand that transferring from Yahoo Photos also gives me a complimetary 3 month Flickr Pro usage free.





Please confirm if that is correct. I would like to use the 3 month free trial period when switching over my photos to Flickr from Yahoo!Photos.





Thank You.





ebizphotos

How do I my photos from Yahoo!Photos to Flickr?
Welll, that's what it says in news releases. Anyway, the transfer utility program isn't ready yet, so you can't really go anywhere at the moment. Apparently, in 1-2 months, Yahoo will start sending out notices to all YPhotos members telling them how to transfer their stuff. Meantime, just use the service as usual, and maybe browse through Flickr to get familiar with it.





Here's one of the news blurbs:


Yahoo Photos will be shut down by the fall. Users will be directed over a three-month period to transfer their images to Flickr or other photo sites such as Shutterfly, Kodak Gallery, Snapfish or Photobucket. Yahoo says it will make the transition easy, with a one-click transfer process.
Reply:I have searched everywhere I could and have not found a way either yet. On Yahoo photos, yahoo has this message:


===========


Move your photos: Select from among the photo sharing services offered (Flickr, Kodak Gallery, Shutterfly, Snapfish, and Photobucket) and they will move the photos for you. You’ll need to verify your Yahoo! account information and either create a new account or login with an existing account at that other service, but beyond that they’ll take care of the rest.


========





But when I go to flickr, there is no mention of how do I do this. Also, on yahoo photos, they have this button with contact customer support and instead of opening up the email, it opens up another help page which is of no use to me.





===


I guess they are not ready yet. Probably, starting in June, these services will be ready to take in photos from Yahoo


No comments:

Post a Comment