Tuesday, July 20, 2010

How do Ii move my Yahoo! Photos to my Flickr account when Yahoo! Photos is closing?

When I go to the help page of Yahoo! Photos, it tells me to go to http://closing.photos.yahoo.com, but when i go there, all it says is





We're sorry. Yahoo! Photos is closing on September 20, 2007 so we are no longer accepting new accounts or allowing users to upload photos if you don't already have photos in your account. We've decided to focus all our efforts on Flickr - the award winning photo sharing community that Time Magazine has even called "completely addictive". Why not head over to Flickr for a look?





That doesnt help me, because i cant move my photos by going to Flickr, and when i go to Flickr help, it tells me to do the same thing. Do you have any suggestions?

How do Ii move my Yahoo! Photos to my Flickr account when Yahoo! Photos is closing?
Sign In to your Yahoo! Photos and you are in the page of Yahoo! Photos – Closing – see in the upper right corner: Take Me to My Photos





My Advice: You download your favourite photos back to your computer – for back up – before moving your photos to another services – since there are so many Yahoo! Photo users not successful in moving there photos - they have encountered loads of problems – like photos are lost.





I’m not aware if you can download Yahoo! Photos to hard drive same way as uploading it – I have to download all my photos one by one - Right Click on the picture then Save Picture As





Flickr is not totally free – unlike the Yahoo Photos.





Free Account – is limited:





• 100 MB monthly upload limit (5MB per photo)


• 3 sets


• Photostream views limited to the 200 most recent images


• Post any of your photos in up to 10 group pools


• Only smaller (resized) images accessible (though the originals are saved in case you upgrade later)





It will cost you – US$24.95 a year to upgrade to a Pro Account:





• Unlimited uploads (10MB per photo)


• Unlimited storage


• Unlimited bandwidth


• Unlimited photosets


• Archiving of high-resolution original images


• The ability to replace a photo


• Post any of your photos in up to 60 group pools


• Ad-free browsing and sharing


No comments:

Post a Comment